Author Topic: Can't view TV3 or C4  (Read 4531 times)

ChrisL

Can't view TV3 or C4
« on: 03, May 2007, 09:49:53 PM »
I have been recieving Optus D1 for a while with a separate dish for each and a Topfield decoder. Doing a channel search would not pick up TV3 or C4 so I went into the satellite setup for B1 and changed the settings there to frequency 12483Mhz Polarisation: Horizontal and 22500 KS thingy.

TV3 and C4 show up in the listing now, and I can view program information for them but I'm not getting any picture or sound.

Is there some other setting I need to change? Help would be much appreciated.

Freeviewshop Administrator

Re: Can't view TV3 or C4
« Reply #1 on: 03, May 2007, 10:29:09 PM »
Add the following TP and do a scan:

Freq: 12456MHz
Pol: H
Symbol Rate: 22500

ChrisL

« Reply #2 on: 04, May 2007, 05:01:14 PM »
I go into installation and SAT/TP Edit, select the satellite and go Add TP. A box comes up with fields for the entry of Frequency, Symbol Rate, and Polarization. But it only lets me change the polarization and I can't set the frequency or symbol rate which are both at zero.

The same problem occured when I tried to add a new satellite - I added the satellite, then it said I had to add a TP but it wouldn't let me set up the TP. That's why I just edited the Optus B1 in the first place. My decoder is a Topfield TF4000Fi.

ChrisL

« Reply #3 on: 04, May 2007, 05:48:27 PM »
I've got it sussed now, thanks. I did it another way. Following the instructions obtained from the Topfield NZ site, I did a manual search.

I guess Prime isn't available though eh.

RL

« Reply #4 on: 04, May 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
I've got it sussed now, thanks. I did it another way. Following the instructions obtained from the Topfield NZ site, I did a manual search.

I guess Prime isn't available though eh.

No, but you should let Sky know that you want it via satellite. If enough people tell them, they might eventually get the idea.

cyril

« Reply #5 on: 05, May 2007, 08:44:52 AM »
I never caught the media report as to exactly why Prime will not be available on FTA Satellite, but I understand it has something todo with sports broadcast rights.

As Prime only has a few hours of Sports each month, if there is some agreement with some sport provider in regard to this why dont they just play infomercials or music videos at least we would see the other 98% of prime programming.

Cyril

RL

« Reply #6 on: 05, May 2007, 08:53:03 AM »
As Prime only has a few hours of Sports each month, if there is some agreement with some sport provider in regard to this why dont they just play infomercials or music videos at least we would see the other 98% of prime programming.

Exactly right. I don't recall Sky claiming sporting rights were the reason, but I have heard it said by others, and they must have got the information from somewhere.

All they really need to do is turn off the encryption, they don't need to pay for additional transponder space, although improving the bitrate to match Freeview would be nice.

mellifluous

« Reply #7 on: 15, May 2007, 08:50:22 PM »
hi all..

I can view TV3 and C4 with
Freq: 12456MHz
Pol: H
Symbol Rate: 22500 and no TV1 and 2...

Is there any way to get both on the same settings or will I have to keep changing?

mellifluous

« Reply #8 on: 15, May 2007, 09:07:08 PM »
oh oh its ok figured it out!

* bounces *

me